Week 35 Bumpdate
August 20, 2019 § Leave a comment
Week 35 Bumpdate
Baby is the size of a pineapple! 🍍 Her liver and kidneys are fully functioning as is her hearing. In fact, my app suggests reading and singing to her so she’ll recognize certain sounds when she’s born! As of our last appointment, she is 4 pounds, 12 ounces and she’ll be packing on fat from now until birth, though she won’t get much longer than she already is. And today the daily fact is that her index finger is as long as a gummy bear. 😍
– PUPPP. From now until delivery I’ll be dealing with this. Thankfully it’s not as severe as it was last week!
– Back pain.
– Trouble sleeping, due to PUPPP but also baby girl is so active and does headstands on my bladder all night. 🤣
– Braxton Hicks contractions, which will increase in frequency from now until the actual contractions!
Things to remember
– At our appointment last week my doctor was pretty horrified to see how my rash had progressed since he saw it at its beginning – and this was days after it had begun to heal! He offered the possibility of inducing me at 37 or 38 weeks in the hopes of ending it sooner. We’ll talk about it then, but as of now I have no intention of being induced. Baby girl needs her final touches! Because I’ll be dealing with PUPPP until birth and because my rash was pretty severe he did order some bloodwork to make sure everything checked out.
– We had our joint family and friends shower on Sunday and I’m still not over how amazing it was! The excitement for this little girl is incredible!
– My big projects for this week are continuing to work on the nursery, addressing baby announcement envelopes and thank yous, and filling out our hospital preregistration forms. Next week we’ll be starting to pack the diaper bag and getting the car cleaned so we can install the car seat.
– Speaking of her nursery, there is so much inside of it now and one of my favorite things to do is to just sit in the rocking chair and look at her clothes and books. I try to imagine holding her and reading to her, dressing her… it’s all very surreal.
Five more weeks, two until I’m full term. Time is flying. We’re all ready. We’re so, so ready to meet her. 💓
Leave a Reply