Crock-Pot Homemade Applesauce
August 21, 2015 § Leave a comment
In explanation of the huge bag of apple cores I brought to work for the horses today, I mentioned to a few people that I’d made homemade applesauce the night before. They then asked for the recipe. I can’t take credit for it, as much as I’d like to – I found it on Pinterest here.
What you’ll need:
- 6 apples (I used gala)
- 1/2 cup of pineapple juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1-2 tablespoons of honey
- Cut the apples into 1-inch chunks. No peeling necessary!
- Throw apples into a Crock-Pot.
- As you put the apples in, put the cinnamon stick somewhere near the bottom of the pot.
Realize your Crock-Pot is really small.
- Pour the 1/2 cup of pineapple juice on top of the apples.
- Drizzle the honey and sprinkle the nutmeg and cinnamon over the apples.
- Cook on high for 4 hours.
- Mash/stir the apples together.
- Marvel at your cooking skills.
- Let cool for 20 or 30 minutes
- Eat as much as you want, then put the rest in cute little Mason jars.
Enjoy, you guys!