Week 16 Bumpdate
Baby is the size of an avocado! 🥑 He/she is growing hair, including eyelashes and eyebrows, and is forming taste buds. Developing muscles in the backbone and neck mean he/she can hold his/her head up more. And due to the tiny bones forming in their ears, he/she can finally hear our voices – which means we’re talking to him/her all day long. 😍
– I am HUNGRY. Like all the time. I think I’m making up for lost time or baby is going through a serious growth spurt because I can’t get enough food!
– I’m winded so easily. My mom, sister, and I went to see Wicked at Gammage last week and climbing all the steps there made me feel like I’d just run a marathon.
– Minor back pain here and there.
– Dizziness. Low blood sugar, man!
Nothing crazy this week, but I can never get enough fries from McDonald’s!
Things to remember:
– Last week, we found out whether baby is a boy or girl! 😁 We’ve been keeping it a secret since my doctor was 90% sure (I was only 15 weeks after all at the ultrasound) and he ordered a blood test so we could find out for sure. Once we get the results of that test we’ll make the big announcement. In the meantime, we’ve been telling our families based off that 90% guess and we are all over the moon!
– During that same ultrasound last week I remember being in awe of the little fingers and toes that we saw. Every detail of this baby is incredible to me.
– Something funny that I’m noticing is that sometimes I swear baby uses my bladder as a bed! Sometimes when I think I have to pee it’s just baby pushing on it. I haven’t felt actual movement yet but my doctor says it should happen soon.
We can’t wait to announce 💙 or 💗!!