Week 17 Bumpdate
Baby girl is the size of a pomegranate! 😍She is almost 6 ounces now and is starting to grow some chunk in the form of lots of baby fat. Her cartilage is turning to bone and her umbilical cord is growing stronger by the day.
– Back pain!
– A little nausea still. Last night I was so sick. 😣
– Giddiness all the time – we’ve been on cloud nine since finding out she was a girl.
Things to remember:
So, funny story: when we went for our 15 week ultrasound my doctor poked around and told us he was 90% sure baby was a boy. We were happy, but stunned. We were so sure that it was going to be a girl – I’d spent the last three months convinced! He said we could do a blood test to confirm and we’d get the results in a week. So, we told our families based off that 90% guess – complete with blue poppers and everything! Again, everyone was surprised but very happy. Alex and I started thinking more seriously of boy names.
And then we got that phone call! The technician who called us said, “Well, looks like he was 90% wrong – it’s a GIRL!”
We laughed and laughed and I cried. Baby girl must have thought it was the best prank. We tell her every day that she must think she’s so funny and I can only imagine her giggling.
Other things to remember:
– We have her name picked out – we have for years, actually, since before we decided we were ready for little humans. We haven’t decided yet if we’re going to tell anyone what it is before she’s born. Some things we’re just not ready to share with the world.
– We’re going to do some rearranging in the house so the baby’s room will be closest to our bedroom. And last week we put on an episode or two of Marie Kondo’s tidying up and now we’re obsessed with getting rid of things we don’t need or that don’t spark joy in the house.
– I have a job interview today (hence why I’m so dressed up), and I had to go shopping yesterday for a maternity interview outfit! 😂 Wish us luck!