Week 18 Bumpdate
April 23, 2019 § Leave a comment
Week 18 Bumpdate
Baby is the size of an artichoke! She is yawning, swallowing, and hiccuping, and while her eyelids are still shut she’s practicing moving her eyes around. She reacts to loud noises, weighs almost 7oz… and is moving around like crazy! She’s big enough now that I can’t sleep flat on my back due to the pressure that’s put on a major vein. On multiple occasions I’ve woken up that way extremely dizzy and lightheaded, because apparently that pressure leads to decreased blood return to the heart. I know this because I suspected it and looked it up – and I’m amazed by how much we figure out via instinct.
– Low blood pressure. I already had lower than normal blood pressure, so sometimes now I have to grab salt as fast as I can when lightheadedness strikes!
– Backaches and leg aches.
– I’m still hungry all the time. Sometimes I’m up at 3 or 4 in the morning snacking in the kitchen!
– Trouble sleeping sometimes. I think I’m going to invest in some more pillows soon.
Things to remember
– The biggest news is…. I finally felt her move! Monday morning when I woke up she was squirming around and it almost made my heart burst. It was exactly like everyone had described it: butterflies and little flutters. I realized I’d been feeling her move for a few days but it didn’t hit me until that morning. Truly otherworldly.
– Funny story: I loathe Hawaiian pizza but Alex absolutely loves it, and the other day I found myself craving it for the first time ever! I think baby girl has her daddy’s taste in pizza.
– My mom took me maternity clothes shopping last week because I’ve officially reached a point where a good amount of my clothes don’t fit me anymore! I’m so happy with my outfits and even happier I got to spend time with my mom.
– We have another ultrasound at the end of this week – the main one we’ll have for the second trimester! I love my doctor though because literally every checkup I have, he knows we want to see baby and he’s happy to take us to the ultrasound room for a few minutes.
Can’t wait to see you again, little one. 💗