Week 33 Bumpdate
August 6, 2019 § Leave a comment
Week 33 Bumpdate
Baby is the size of celery – although after our doctor appointment last week I’m inclined to think she’s even bigger! Last Thursday she was weighing in at 4 pounds, 7 ounces. She is head down already and is moving around like crazy! Her immune system is fully developed and she’s swallowing up to a pint of amniotic fluid a day, keeping her eyes open while awake, and going through even more brain development this week. I just know by her kicks and pushes that she wants out! 🤣
– This is a new one: inflamed stretch marks! I have the equivalent of hives on the front of my bump and they are driving me insane! My doctor isn’t worried though which is good.
– Heart palpitations and dizziness sometimes.
– BIG legs and ankles due to swelling from extra fluids.
– Believe it or not, I’m not as ungodly hungry as I was all the time a month or so ago. This is because my stomach is getting smaller as she pushes everything around!
– Anticipation! This is also a new one. It’s like someone flipped a switch and suddenly there seems like there’s no time left. I’m anxious to get everything we need and her nursery done ASAP.
Things to remember
– Based on her current development, my doctor pushed my estimated due date up three days! I’m now officially due on Sept 21, putting me at 33 weeks and 3 days today. Some people are starting to make guesses of when she’s going to arrive. Alex thinks the 13th, my mom the 22nd.
– What’s funny is that her legs are measuring a week and half ahead than the rest of her since they are so long! We definitely have a tall baby!
– I got my Tdap vaccine at my doctor’s appointment which will help strengthen her immune system further, and Alex will be getting a tetanus booster in the next few weeks since obviously we want to surround her with vaccinated people when she’s born. I’m going to be so paranoid about protecting her immune system since newborns are so vulnerable.
– We’re going to a new parents’ meet-and-greet and the end of the month to meet her pediatrician!
Things are becoming much more real as we get closer and closer. Someday SO soon she’s going to finally be in my arms and I don’t think I’ll ever let her go! 💓