Week 32 Bumpdate
Baby is the size of a squash! If she isn’t already, soon she’ll be getting into head-down position in preparation for birth. Her digestive system is fully developed and her bones are hardening by the day. And she is packing on fat! She weighs close to four pounds now.
– Heart palpitations. Pretty normal since my heart is working overtime these days!
– With that, dizziness. Sometimes I can’t stand for too long at a time without feeling like I’m going to pass out. It’s getting harder to breathe as she gets bigger!
– My skin is stretching and it itches. Speaking of skin – the stretch marks, you guys. All the stretch marks. 😬
– I’m hot all the time, even with fans on and our AC at 77. Sometimes I literally stand in the freezer during hot flashes.
Things to remember
– We took our maternity pictures yesterday! We had so much fun and I can’t wait to see the pictures. We took them where Alex proposed to me: at Sedona’s airport vortex!
– She’s big enough now that she’ll push on me and if I put my hand against the movement I can feel little body parts. Sometimes I picture her pressing her little hand against my skin and I put mine on top of wherever she is. I want to cry when this happens. I just want her to be here so badly so I can put my hand against hers for real!
– We finished our childbirth classes last week. We have one more class we’re doing at the hospital (infant CPR) and then the next time we pull up to the hospital will be delivery day.
– I’ve known all along that Lucy knows I’m pregnant (the cats I’m not 100% sure) but this past week she’s been acting way more protective of me than usual and I know it’s because she senses baby is coming. If she hears something outside that she doesn’t like she literally runs to me, puts herself between me and whatever she finds scary, turns so I’m at her back and barks and growls at whatever she thinks is coming. We do not deserve dogs. 😭
Only eight more weeks! 4/5 of the way there!