Week 14 Bumpdate
March 26, 2019 § Leave a comment
Week 14 Bumpdate
🎉 GOOD BYE FIRST TRIMESTER! 🎉
Baby is the size of a peach! 🍑 He/she has almost doubled in weight since last week (up to 1.5oz now) and can suck their thumbs and wiggle their toes. They’re also growing lanugo, which is peach fuzz hair that will keep him/her warm. And apparently, impulses in the brain are causing him/her to exercise some facial features like frowning, squinting, and maybe even smiling. 😍
Also there’s def only one in there, people. The bump looks bigger in the picture than it does in real life!
– Wicked heart palpitations and shortness of breath. Sometimes I get winded just walking ten feet! Supposedly this is due to increased blood flow and my heart working overtime to supply blood to baby.
– Dizziness. Apparently this relates to above, too. Plus having hypoglycemia doesn’t help!
– Nausea, but it’s SO much better. Still a little iffy in the early morning and at night, and the occasional whiff of something pungent will make me gag, but boy are things improving in that department.
– More energy! While I still need ten or eleven hours of sleep and get tired often, it’s easier to get out of bed in the mornings and I’m not laying down as much during the day.
Popcorn, Diet Coke (don’t @ me, I have very small quantities a few times a week), apples, almond milk, and any kind of salty cracker.
Things to remember:
– One night I woke up at 1:30 (one of five or six times I’m up to pee – argh) and smelled popcorn. Turns out Alex – who stays up way later than me – made some downstairs and was eating it in his office with the door shut and I still smelled it!
– I’ve gone up a pants size, and I’m already using the hair-tie trick on my buttons. Soon I’ll have to invest in some maternity clothes. 😬 Any advice on good stores/brands?
– We‘re in trouble if it’s a boy, because we have absolutely no idea what name we’d choose. Funnily enough, we‘ve had a girl’s full name picked out for years. We both have the same suspicion as does the majority of our family, but we will see!
– I want to hold this baby already so much.
Leave a Reply