Week 19 Bumpdate
Baby is the size of a mango! 🥭 As of our ultrasound last Thursday she weighs about nine ounces and is six inches long. Nerve cells in her brain are developing in specialized areas for all five senses. She is also developing something called vernix caseosa, a protective coating over her skin. She’s even beginning to grow more hair on her scalp. And something really wild is that she already has six or seven million eggs in her developed ovaries. It blows my mind, honestly.
Really just one right now, y’all. Tea. Give me ALL the tea. All of it. Just not sweet tea. 🤢 Give me all the real tea!
– Restless legs. Night time has been hard sometimes due to aching legs but I’ve heard this is perfectly normal.
– Dizziness every so often. Low blood pressure plays a part in this, I’m sure.
– Hunger! I’m always so hungry and I think it’s going to be this way for a while!
– TMI, perhaps but… Peeing. All. The. Time. See below:
Things to remember
– We had our eighteen week anatomy ultrasound this past week and baby girl did a headstand the entire time. 😂 No amount of me moving around could get her to move! Due to her position the tech couldn’t get some of the essential scans of her head, so they rescheduled me for another ultrasound on the 7th. She’s already in the position to move on out into the world and we keep telling her, no, you have to stay in there longer! But she likes standing on her head. I know this because she uses my bladder as a gym mat, the stinker.
– Every so often I feel her moving, but thus far it’s only been one time of day: the early morning when I wake up and the sun is rising. 😍
– It’s so hard to believe that one week from today I’ll be officially halfway through this pregnancy. The first trimester was by far one of the hardest things I’ve gone through in my life, so I’ve been so, so happy to experience *this* trimester.
– Even though we know her name, we haven’t been calling her anything other than “baby” amongst ourselves because it feels so weird! I know when we’re holding her in our arms, the time will finally have come to call her by her name. 💗