Week 20 Bumpdate
May 7, 2019 § Leave a comment
🎉Week 20 Bumpdate🎉
🎼Wooooaah we’re HALFWAY THERE!!🎼
Baby is the size of a banana! 🍌 She has working taste buds and has developed two layers of skin: the epidermis and dermis. She’s swallowing amniotic fluid regularly which is helping her lungs develop and prepare for breathing oxygen. She’s also producing meconium.💩 Her weight is roughly ten ounces and she’s close to seven inches long.
Tea still. Tea always.
– It’s only happened once this week but it’s definitely worth the mention: Braxton Hicks contractions. I only experienced one, but it scared the absolute crap out of me until I looked up symptoms and realized the baby wasn’t in any danger. Apparently they are pretty common after 20 weeks and are essentially fire drills for childbirth.
– Swollen ankles and throbbing feet if I’m on them for too long. Best excuse ever to put my feet up!
– Back pain every so often
– Leg cramps (magnesium spray works like a charm!)
– Little flutters of movement every now and then! 😍
Things to remember
– In the spirit of keeping things real, I found my very first stretch mark last week. It was very humbling. I’ve always believed “tiger stripes” to be beautiful on women, but it’s funny how that changes when you see them on yourself. I’m trying hard not to be vain and to remind myself growing a person is worth the stripes!
– This Sunday is Mother’s Day, and I’m still getting used to the idea that this will be my first time celebrating as a mom (to be)!
– Today I had the rest of my anatomy ultrasound that we had to reschedule due to baby doing gymnastics last time. We finally got a precious shot of her face, and I may or may not have ugly cried.
– We rearranged our rooms around a bit and now we’re ready to start putting together the nursery. I’ve got about forty thousand color swatches ready to judge and I know exactly what things are going to go where! My goal is to get only what we need so we avoid clutter. Can’t wait to share the special project that’s going to be the cornerstone of the entire room. (I’m totally not Type A at all, you guys… )
I can’t believe we’re halfway to holding our little girl in our arms. 💗
Leave a Reply