Week 24 Bumpdate
Baby is the size of a cantaloupe! 🍈 Her brain is developing more and more; she has sleep and wake cycles now and is developing thoughts and memories! Her skin is gradually becoming more opaque and has a pinkish tint. And I feel her move with regularity now. 😍
– Swollen legs, ankles, and feet. Slippers are life.
– Pregnancy brain. I’m forgetting things all the time and am slow to respond when people ask me stuff. 🤣
– Pregnancy rage. Seriously, this is a thing for me! I don’t know why, but the most insignificant things make me so angry lately! I’ve started using self checkout at the grocery store for full loads because I about lost my mind one day when the clerks threw my groceries in my bags. At RENT last week the rude security guards tried to take my electrolyte water (who does that to a pregnant woman??) and you better believe I made a scene until they let me through. I’m blaming hormones on this one!
Things to remember
– We told some of our immediate family her name! After feeling her move more and more we decided we were ready for some of the family to know. Referring to her by name now makes it feel much more real.
– While seeing RENT on Friday I swear she was dancing during some of the songs since she can hear the outside world and moved like crazy! My mom arranged our seats so that I could sit in an aisle seat, which was amazing as I had to get up seven times throughout the night.
– I scheduled our hospital tour for the end of June and childbirth classes for July. I don’t know where the time is going!
– Some time ago my mom set the date for our family baby shower and it happens to be on Alex’s and my ninth dating anniversary, which I think is just the coolest.
Almost 3/5 of the way there!