Week 30 Bumpdate
July 16, 2019 § Leave a comment
Week 30 Bumpdate
Baby is the size of a zucchini! 🥒 (By the way, y’all, the fruit/veggies are a reference to how *long* she is, approximately.) Both her brain and body fat are beginning to regulate her body temperature and her immune system is getting stronger. She’s packing on the fat – she has at least three or four pounds to go before she’s born! And she’s a pro at opening and closing her eyes now.
– It’s definitely getting harder to move. My balance is way off, I’ve perfected the preggo waddle, and it’s a struggle to get off the floor if I’ve been sitting on the ground. I can juuust bend over still but that’s about to be a thing of the past.
– I’ve outgrown a lot of my maternity clothes and have upgraded to the next size up. 😞 Trying not to be upset about it.
– I’m winded walking anywhere, especially outside in the heat – baby is starting to push on my lungs.
Things to remember
– Our first childbirth class was last week and I sat riveted the entire time. Our instructor is a hilarious, older labor and delivery nurse it was really nice to get a perspective from someone who has been delivering babies for 40 years. I’ve read everything I can get my hands on about childbirth yet I learned a ton like apparently, dehydration is the number one cause of preterm labor. And baby’s brain is still only two thirds of the way developed by week 35 (or 37, can’t remember) so those final weeks are so important if it’s possible for baby to stay in there! Not that you want to go too long over 40 weeks. Our instructor told us in the 70s, she gave birth at 46 weeks (!!!) and she nearly lost her baby since the placenta was just about dead at that point!
– I’ve meant to mention this in other bumpdates – baby girl LOVES salt! If I have salty foods she does a little happy wiggle which is so different from her other movements. Her absolute favorite thing is soft pretzels. 🥨
– After lots of research I chose baby’s pediatrician and will be making an intro appointment soon. Apparently the doctor comes to the hospital within 24 hours of birth for the first check up.
I can’t believe we hit 30 weeks. 3/4 of the way there. I hope these next ten weeks fly by!
Leave a Reply