Week 31 Bumpdate
Baby is the size of asparagus! She’s close to four pounds and around 16 inches long. All five senses are fully functioning and this week she’s going through further brain and nerve development. Her irises react to light, and she’s strong enough to both grasp a finger and move her head from side to side. Best update of all? The number of weeks remaining before she gets here is in the single digits!
– I thought I had swollen ankles before this week. Oh no. If I’m on my feet too long with this heat I get serious kankles, y’all. I have to put them up ASAP and chug water when that happens.
– Always. Hungry.
– I’m dizzy and winded all the time. She’s crowding my lungs now which makes it hard to breathe and a little frustrating when I’m trying to get things done and can’t stand for more than a few minutes at a time.
– Back aches!
Things to remember:
– She is moving around like crazy! She does this thing now where in addition to kicking, she’ll just push things around in there, hard.
– Next Monday we’re taking our maternity pictures! I’m excited, although I may or may not have had to go buy a new dress since the one I got last month doesn’t fit anymore. 😬
– I have another doctor’s appointment next week, after which my doctor wants to see me every two weeks until I hit 37 weeks. Then he wants to see me every single week until he gets the phone call that I’m in labor. 37 weeks is full term, which means while ideally I go to 40 weeks, baby could come any time after 37.
– I am slowly wrapping up my volunteer work so I can focus on growing my business before she gets here and, you know, getting the nursery and the rest of the house ready for her. I didn’t realize how much there was to do and how long it was going to take me to do everything since I’m exhausted what feels like all the time.
Nine more weeks. I just want her here already! 💗